Director of Product Management
Sittercity, a Bright Horizons company, is a technology platform working to reimagine the child care industry. Finding, hiring and managing high-quality, trustworthy and enriching child care has never been simple, for parents or caregivers. We want to change that. At Sittercity, you can imagine and create solutions that will revolutionize a multi-billion industry and bring relief to parents and care providers alike, all while having a lot of fun! Boost your career as we launch into our next phase of growth and help build a platform that changes the way child care works.
We’re looking for a Director of Product with a track record of success in fast-paced organizations, and a bias for action and in driving results. As an experienced product leader, you'll coach PMs on your team to drive customer & business outcomes. You know how to create a plan, build consensus and make things happen. Your primary responsibility is driving the product vision, planning, design and execution of innovative solutions that are rooted in user insight and data. You will be an advocate for great experiences, championing on behalf of our users, and working closely with our product managers to drive customer & business outcomes.
- Develop and drive product strategy for our consumer business, based on business objectives and customer needs. Work collaboratively with product managers and stakeholders to develop this strategy into an achievable roadmap.
- Drive quarterly OKR planning process for organic, growth and marketplace squads.
- Clearly communicate strategy and goals across the company throughout all phases of work, from ideation to measurement.
- Demonstrated skill in product leadership, including coaching product managers, product planning, feature prioritization and trade-off evaluation.
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success
- Drive improvements to our existing products and identify opportunities for new product ideas
- 7+ years experience in product management, preferably in consumer facing environments, 3+ years in a leadership/ management capacity
- Strong business acumen, with a solid technical foundation and appreciation for design
- Innovative problem solver who can quickly grasp concepts and drive ambiguous problem into clear solutions
- Demonstrated skill at product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization and trade-off evaluation
- Loves making data-driven decisions and gaining insights from product metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail and a passion for getting the product right
- Experience working with agile software development processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights
- BA/BS required
Recognized as a Chicago Innovation Award winner and one of the best places to work by Crain’s and Built In Chicago, we offer an inclusive, innovative, and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. You will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Generous paid time off policy, including sick and holiday
- Industry leading parental leave
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) matching
- Sittercity membership, back up child/adult/elder care, and child care center discounts
- Tuition assistance, college coach, and enhanced family support
- Company events, social outings, and volunteer opportunities
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or familial status, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.
Sittercity is thrilled to be recognized on @Hired’s 2021 List of Top Employers Winning Tech Talent! It’s been a tumultuous year but our commitment to prioritizing equity, efficiency, and transparency in the hiring process allowed us to continue to attract and hire amazing talent.