Location: Chicago, IL Department: Operations Type: Full Time
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered the child care technology category in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. With Sittercity and Chime, our on-demand service, we are building a platform that brings revolutionary simplicity to the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
A good fit for this role will blend creativity and analytics to devise and test experiments that optimize our supply-side (sitter) acquisition and retention systems to make 1% improvements daily. This person is self-motivated, empirical and has exceptional interpersonal to work across teams. They are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to execute, analyze and iterate on supply-side (sitter) growth and retention processes.
What you’ll do:
- Strategize- Devise and execute on ways to grow sitter population and improve retention
- Experiment- Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on all parts of a sitter's lifetime. These experiments strengthen our product, streamline processes, and improve the way we do things.
- Analyze- build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of sitter acquisition and retention
- Influence- work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering and Business Operations teams to improve the sitter experience and grow supply.
- Self-Starter- you have a bias towards action and thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Curious- you always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial- you love responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Gritty- you roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Problem-Solver- You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 2-4 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
Sittercity is a recipient of the 2016 WorldatWork, Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award for demonstrated leadership in workplace strategies and practices to help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.