Head of Operations
Location: Chicago, IL Department: Operations Type: Full Time
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered the child care technology category in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. With Sittercity and Chime, our on-demand service, we are building a platform that brings revolutionary simplicity to the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
This person will be directly responsible for building and running the operations as we grow our new business and primary focus- Chime. The right person for this role will possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, a strategic mindset, and will find simple innovative solutions to complex operational problems. This person knows how to prioritize and doesn’t need to be told how to operate- they treat company resources like their own and and rigorous when it comes to understanding our business.
This person will have experience in management and consulting/bank/tech.
What you’ll do:
- Strategize – Devise and execute the overall strategy for the supply side of the business
- Systematize- you know what to systematize and what not to and you will be rigorous in us automating and optimizing the right things and saying no to one-offs
- Analyze – Build models to evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of various dasher acquisition, engagement, and retention programs and experiments
- Lead- Manage a team of Operations Managers that work to strengthen our product, streamline processes, and improve the way we do things
- Experiment- Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to test assumptions
- Self-Starter- you aren’t the type who needs lots of ramp-up and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Curious- you always look for ways to innovate and improve
- Entrepreneurial- you love responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company and aren’t afraid to do it
- Gritty- you roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Problem Solver- you independently notice and work to solve complex and ambiguous problems with a bias for action.
- 6+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Startup and consumer facing product experience
- Bachelor’s degree, with MBA preferred
- Excellent Excel skills; SQL knowledge is a plus, but not required
Sittercity is a recipient of the 2016 WorldatWork, Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award for demonstrated leadership in workplace strategies and practices to help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.