Spring/Summer Marketing Intern (Paid)
Location: Chicago, IL Department: Marketing Type: Internship
Sittercity’s mission is to make child care finally work. We pioneered the child care technology category in 2001, and we connect millions of parents with babysitters and nannies every year. With Sittercity and Chime, our on-demand service, we are building a platform that brings revolutionary simplicity to the way we find, book and pay for trusted care. Headquartered in Chicago, we serve families and caregivers nationwide.
We are looking for an intern to support the day-to-day execution of marketing initiatives, primarily focused on social media, content, influencers, group outreach, email, events and PR.
Time commitment is flexible based on class schedule, but we are ideally looking for someone who can offer a minimum of 12 hours a week in the spring and additional hours in the summer.
- Maintain social media calendar and execute organic and paid campaigns
- Research influencers and assist in external outreach to bloggers, parent groups and schools
- Fulfill school donations and promotional commitments
- Oversee QA of CRM to Sittercity and Chime customers, including email and in-app messaging
- Maintain and expand competitive and new market research
- Manage collateral and campaign creation as needed
- Contribute to event management and PR outreach
- Assist with grassroots initiatives, including street teams and outreach to local businesses
- Broad understanding of the digital marketing environment
- Major or interest in marketing, communications, public relations or business
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple deadlines and projects
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2016 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.