Business Analyst - Customer Success Team
Location: Chicago, IL Department: Operations Type: Full Time
Who We Are
At Sittercity, we’re on a mission to change the way parents and sitters find and manage childcare. We are building the first truly on-demand, mobile platform to connect fantastic sitters with great families in their neighborhood. This is a unique opportunity to make childcare finally work and disrupt the $50B childcare market.
We are searching for a quantitative whiz looking to jump into startup life by joining Sittercity as a Business Analyst. This role is responsible for assessing the business, determining trends, identifying insights and proposing growth opportunities to help drive revenue growth and operational improvements. This role is a critical part of the Customer Success team and will work closely with all functional areas, including operations, product, technology, and marketing.
- Analyze member/product performance to support operations, determine trends, and identify insights
- Conduct exploratory analysis on member behavior to identify opportunities and develop revenue growth hypotheses
- Build research plans to test new opportunities, including in-market testing, surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Conduct desktop and market research to uncover product needs and trends
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support operations team
- Provide mentorship and peer coaching to other analysts in the organization
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field, including engineering, math, economics, computer science, etc.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in an analysis-heavy industry and/or role such as consulting, banking, or other data-intense environment
- Proven analytical & presentation skills, with the ability to work independently
- Proven experience developing business and financial models
- Demonstrated expertise in retrieving data from databases / business intelligence tools (using SQL) and synthesizing data into facts / findings using common desktop tools (PowerPoint, Excel )
- Experience with advanced analytical tools R, SPSS, SAS, MatLab is highly desirable; Willingness to learn R is required.
- Some experience conducting primary research desirable
Sittercity is a recipient of the 2016 WorldatWork, Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award for demonstrated leadership in workplace strategies and practices to help employees achieve success in work-life effectiveness.
Sittercity is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.