User Experience Lead Designer
Location: Chicago, IL Department: Technology Type: Full Time
Childcare is one of the most important decisions a family makes. At Sittercity we connect thousands of families to sitters every day, empowering moms and dads to work, play and have peace of mind that their most precious family members are well cared for. We’re on a mission to make finding great care easier. If this sounds like a mission you can believe in, read on for more details.
We are looking for
A creative leader who believes design as a way of life. Design for you is 80% thinking and collaboration to develop the best solution, and less moving pixels around a screen.
Empathy towards our customers journey is critical to your design success. You seek to understand each persona intricately so that you design an experience that delights. Talking to the customer to understand their needs is second nature to you.
You meticulously test and iterate your design ideas through to implementation using feedback from user testing. You have a healthy respect for the importance of analytics data to inform design decisions, but know when to trust your own instincts.
You can quickly communicate your ideas to the team to bring them along on the design journey and support your decisions with brevity. Able to mentor Designers, Product Managers and Engineers to deliver better user-centric products.
You will build and lead a team responsible for the design and user experience of Sittercity's products. As the creative voice of Sittercity you will develop and maintain the visual design language for our applications.
We would also like to see the following qualities:
- Able to quickly prototype an idea, using a playground or prototyping tool.
- Demonstrable experience designing for native mobile and responsive web, with a good understanding of Accessibility considerations.
- Understanding of interaction design and usability patterns on the web and mobile.
- Designs using a consistent design language. Leans towards components that are familiar and intuitive.
- Prefers to take away from a design than to add to it.
- Uses the devices and products they are crafting for.
- Attention to detail, persistence to test and iterate to find the right solution for users.
Why you should join us
We offer an innovative and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. Our recently renovated office provides a bright and energized space for collaboration as well as many quiet areas for concentration.
We actively encourage a sharing environment where all members of staff have a chance expand their horizons. Every designer is provided with two conference days per year to spend at an event of their choice. Lunchtime talks provide all employees with an opportunity to present back to their team subjects of interest, covering a plethora of subject matter.
Additionally, you will receive the following benefits
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Food and healthy snacks throughout the day
- Excellent coffee from some of Chicago’s finest roasters
- Ping pong and on-site fitness center
- Company events, social outings and volunteer opportunities
- Open personal time off policy
- Subsidized use of Chime for personal Childcare services
- Industry leading maternal and paternal leave
- Great benefits package, including; Health, dental, vision, disability, life, 401(k)
Sittercity is a Recipient of the 2014 Work-Life Seal of Distinction Award from the Alliance for Work-Life Progress.
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.